Messaging app to share, download and save images and videos
This is a fun alternative for those who use Snapchat.
From posting pictures to posting messages about your day, Casper is a social media site that is easy to use. One of the things that you can do with this app is save pictures that other people have posted. This will allow you to use them again in the future. The best thing is that the person won't even know that you have saved the pictures.
While using Casper, you can forward the stories that you have posted to other people who are on Snapchat or the app. Pictures and videos that you like can also be sent to your friends on other social media apps. There are several stickers that you can use on your pictures and filters that will change the look of your pictures or even add animations. One of the things to keep in mind with Casper is that you do have to verify your identity, which is something that you really don't have to do with other apps. Another aspect is that you can't remove the stickers and images that others have added to their pictures.
- Save other images
- Add stickers and designs
- Forward stories
- Verification process
- Can't remove stickers that others add
- Drastically decreased Photo snap upload size. This makes snaps upload faster, and uses a lot less of you data!
- Fixed bug from previous update where video captions on received snaps weren't showing in Snap Editor when you chose to reuse them.
- Memory Optimisations!
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.